History of Fort Culmore
Fort Culmore was a English military garrison during the time of the O'Dogherty Rebellion. In 1608, Sir. Cahir O'Dogherty and his men, stormed the fort and captured the munitions for their uprising against the English forces.
Fort Culmore Today
The present tower house was built during the 1800s on the site of the original Fort (stone database) and is in a residential district. Below are photos of the present structure and drawings of the original structure.
Click the thumbnails below to open the photos in a larger viewer!
Other Resources to Check out
Fort Culmore on Wikipedia
Visit The Fort!
Physical Location: 74A Culmore Point, Londonderry BT48 8JW, UK